Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Real Roxanne feat Howie Tee "Bang Zoom (lets go go)"

My friends and I were discussing 'ol skool rap the other day and "Bang Zoom" sprung to my mind although it took a while for me to remember the actual song title.  1986 was the year this was released and when Roxanne graced UK screens I was there in front of the TV doing the 'shoulder jerks' and the sliding neck.  Although Roxanne's lyrical skills, beauty and sophistication stood out large, props have to be given to Howie Tee for his scratching skills. 


This song takes me back to confusing times in my childhood but reminds me how music was such a great healer and escapism from reality.  If you want to reminisce on 80's hip hop or see a female rapper not exposing their body or using profanity in their lyrics, yet still remaining in that rap core, tune in to the video...


No comments:

Post a Comment